Friday 10 January 2020

A Big "Thank you!" to Larry Hurtado (1943-2019)

I just found out about the passing of Larry Hurtado last year. I had the opportunity to meet him only briefly during SBL meetings in 2010 and 2011, before I moved to Australia, but I am greatly indebted to his extensive contributions to Christian scholarship.  His work speaks for itself - a pioneer of modern High Christology who was well respected by scholars on either side of the spectrum.


Early High Christology and the Legacy of Larry Hurtado (1943–2019)

I feel it appropriate to mention that not only will he never be forgotten, but those of us who have benefited so much from his life's work say a big THANK YOU! We will endeavor to continue, develop, and evaluate the legacy of High Christology you set in place, and I look forward to deep and meaningful discussions over coffee on the other side of the time barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment